Considered to be one of the most clean and green cities of Bangladesh, Rajshahi stands on the north-bank of the enormous Padma river. It stands on the ancient region of Pundravardhan which dates back to 1634. The city is famous for silk production and mangoes.
Considered to be one of the most clean and greencities of Bangladesh, Rajshahi stands on the north-bank of the enormous Padmariver. It stands on the ancient region of Pundravardhan which dates back to1634. The city is famous for silk production and mangoes.
Places to visit:
1. VarendraResearch Museum: Built in 1910, the Varendra Museum isconsidered to be the oldest museum in Bangladesh. Kumar Sarat Kumar Roy, Akshaykumar Mitra and Ramprasad Chandra founded “The Virendra Research Society” withthe aim of preserving the archaeological and historical artefacts of theregion. In 1964, the museum became a part of the Rajshahi University.
2. ShaheedA.H.M Qamaruzzaman Central Park and Zoo: The park covers anarea of 33 acres and is a popular recreation center in Rajshahi. This enormouspark is covered with lush-green trees and is a safe sanctuary to many birds.This park also has a zoo with animals like tiger, deer, crocodile, monkey andsnakes.
3. Shrineof Shah Makhdum: Adjacentto the Rajshahi Government College, the shrine was built in 1635 A.D. There isa famous dighi next to the shrine filled with crocodiles.
4. ShaheedZia Shishu Park: This amusement park is situated inNoudapapra of Rajshahi and covers an area of around 12 acres. There are almost19 rides in the park including a wheel-train, a merry-go-round and a number ofwheel-based rides.
5. BoroKuthi: Boro Kuthi is a historic building that stands on thebanks of the Padma River. It was built in the 18th century by theDutch traders. This historic Dutch builsing is located in Shaheb Bazar. It is a2 storied building with 12 rooms. There is a hall room at the center of thefirst floor, with two balcony on North and South side.
· Hotel Green City International
· Samriddhi Banquet Garden and Resort
· Grand Riverview Hotel
· Bangladesh Parjatan motel
· Hotel Mukta International
Foods to eat in Rajshahi:
· Bot Porota
· Seekh Burger
· Puri Burger
· Haji kalija Shingara
· Chhanar polao
Ø Airlinesflying from Dhaka to Rajshahi include:
· US-Bangla Airlines
· Biman Bangladesh Airlines
· Vintage Props and Jets
Ø Itapproximately takes 50 minutes to reach from Dhaka to Rajshahi
Ø The best days to bookflights from Dhaka to Rajshahi are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
Your first-hand experiences really help other travelers. Thanks!