Weekdays 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM Saturday - Thursday, Asia pacific
Cox’s Bazar is undoubtedly one of the most visited tourist destinations in Bangladesh. It is widely recognized as the longest sandy sea beach in the world. The thriving tourism industry has grown up centering on this beautiful destination. Every year millions of people visit this place to enjoy the calmness and scenic beauty.
Cox’s Bazar is undoubtedly one of the most visitedtourist destinations in Bangladesh. It is widely recognized as the longestsandy sea beach in the world. The thriving tourism industry has grown upcentering on this beautiful destination. Every year millions of people visitthis place to enjoy the calmness and scenic beauty.
The city is a house to many diverse and ethnographicpopulation. The Chakma community is very prominent here. Besides the beachitself, there are other places of attraction in Cox's Bazar.
Places to visit in Cox’s Bazar:
1. LaboniPoint: Because of itsproximity to the city of Cox's Bazar, Laboni Point is considered to be the mainbeach of Cox's Bazar. There are several large shops in the adjacent areas ofthe beach, with lots of other attractions, which are an added attraction fortourists.
2. Himchari:Himchariis located 18km south of Cox's Bazar. Fragile mountains and waterfalls are the main attractions here. On theway from Cox's Bazar to Himchari, there is a green hillside on the left and theblue waterside of the sea creates a breathtaking view. During the rainy season,the water from Himachharra seems to be much more alive.
3. InaniBeach: This beach is located in the Ukhia Upazila of Cox’sBazar and boasts beautiful rocks and coral boulders. The blue water and the lines of stones is the main source ofattraction for the tourists. The clean blue & shark free water is ideal forbathing and swimming without any fear.
4. RamuBuddhist monastery: This holy site was built in 308 B.C. andit has magnificent Buddha statues. The monastery has a beautiful architecturaldesign and the place is calm and soothing.
5. SonadiaIsland: Sonadia is situated in Maheshkhali Upazila along thesoutheastern coast of Bangladesh. Dunes run along one entire coast with largepatches of mangrove and salt marshes. The astounding wildlife includes green,hawksbill and olive ridley sea turtles, abundant fish species, and at leastfour globally endangered dolphins. Marine Life Alliance Bangladesh monitors thebeaches during the turtle nesting season.
· Long Beach Hotel Cox’s Bazar
· Hotel Sea Crown
· Muscat Holiday Resort
· Hotel Sea Alif
· Ocean Palace Hotel
· Hotel Elaf International
Foods to eat:
· Fish curries
· Dried fish curries
· Local sea-food cuisine
Ø Airlines flying from Dhakato Cox'S Bazar include:
Ø Biman Bangladesh Airlinesprovides 1 of the non-stop flights between Dhaka and Cox'S Bazar
Ø The best days to bookflights from Dhaka to Cox'S Bazar are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
Ø It takes approximately 1hour to reach Cox’s bazar from Dhaka
Your first-hand experiences really help other travelers. Thanks!